25 12 1
Avocado toast with poached egg supreme is an easy and delicious recipe. It is inexpensive to make, and it offers numerous health benefits as well.
This recipe is very healthy. Avocado offers a high level of monounsaturated fat, the type that has been shown to help lower cholesterol. It also contains a good amount of folate, which is important for the formation of hemoglobin. Avocados also contain more potassium per gram than a banana. Eggs contain high-quality protein and good amount of vitamins A and B as well. Best of all, this recipe is very tasty.
Avocado Toast Poached Egg Supreme
Here are the ingredients (makes two):
- two eggs
- one avocado (sliced in half and scooped out of the skin)
- one English muffin (split) or two pieces of bread
- fresh or dried oregano or basil (chopped)
- hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Here are the simple directions:
- Poach your eggs. I use Silicone Egg Poaching Cups as I like the uniform sizing and evenness of the cooking. Poaching normally takes about 3 to 4 minutes for soft yolks or a couple of minutes more for firmer yolks.
- Slice your avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop insides out of the skin using a spoon. Slice it lengthwise.
- Toast your English muffin or bread (I prefer multigrain breads with plenty of seeds)
- Place the sliced avocado on the English muffin or toast. Spread it gently. Top it with a poached egg over easy.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with fresh or dried oregano or basil and hot pepper sauce to taste.
Here is a link to some of my other favourite frugal recipes. Please try them and let me know what you think.
Author: Jason Milburn Google
25 12 1