55 23 1
The Best Banana Bread Recipe (at least according to my daughter and me). We both really like banana bread and have tried numerous recipes. This one always seems to turn out really, really well.
It is very simple to make and it is less expensive to make than buying it in the store or your local bakery. My five year-old daughter can make it almost entirely by herself and she feels very good about her success in the kitchen.
“It is the best banana bread in the world” – My Daughter
“It is delicious” – Our nine year-old neighbour
“It is a simply delicious recipe that is terrific each and every time we make it” – Me
I am happy to share it with you. Please let me know how it turns out and if you like it. Please share the recipe freely with all your friends.
World’s Best Banana Bread Recipe
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of vanilla extract
Optional: mini chocolate chips and or walnuts (my daughter loves the chocolate chips, while I love the walnuts and the chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Collect two mixing bowls.
- In one bowl (Bowl 1), combine the bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. I use a whisk to combine these ingredients.
- In the second bowl (Bowl 2),combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gently and gradually add and mix the ingredients from Bowl 2 with Bowl 1.
- Fold in chocolate chips and/or walnuts after batter has been mixed.
- Add mixture to greased loaf pan.
- Cook in the preheated 325 degree oven for approximately 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Work a knife gently around the perimeter of the cooked banana bread. Turn over greased loaf pan and remove the loaf.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
This banana bread is best served with a tall, cool glass of milk.
Please let us know how this banana bread turns out for you and if you like it. If you do enjoy it. please share this recipe with all of your friends. If you have discovered a way to make it even better, please share that recipe with us as well.
Here are some of my other favourite recipes. Please feel free to try them and comment on them as well.
Thanks for dropping by.
Please leave a comment below. Cheers.
Author: Jason Milburn Google
55 23 1