I dislike washing windows. Even though I have ‘easy clean’ windows, it’s never easy for me to find the motivation to do them. They sure make a terrific difference once they’re done, however.
Here is a classic froogalist window washing fluid recipe that will save you big bucks and (in my opinion) do a better job at eliminating streaks than name brands:
1. Rinse out a previously used spray bottle (an old Windex bottle or some other)
2. Fill the spray bottle with water up to about one inch from the top
3. Fill the remainder of the bottle with white vinegar
4. Put the sprayer back on top of the bottle
5. Spray mixture on window
6. Wipe window with recycled newspaper for that extra special shine
Think about how resourceful you are being when you are washing and think about all the other things you can do with the $5.99 you just saved. Cheaper and better? Could this be true? Yes, this is froogalism at its best.